Thank you so much for considering adopting a dog or cat from Save a Life Pet Rescue. The following steps explain the process of welcoming a new dog or cat into your family:
AT THE ADOPTION EVENT:
1. Meet with an animal that you would potentially like to adopt. Introduce yourself and potential members of the adopting family to the animal to ensure that the animal and individuals get along well.
2. Ask the adoption event staff about temperaments, care requirements, history, and behaviors of the animal that you would potentially like to adopt. Please keep in mind that some animals may have unknown histories.
3. Once you have selected an animal to adopt, complete an adoption application and contract.
4. Review the adoption application and contract with a Save a Life Pet Rescue adoption assistant. The adoption assistant will ask you questions to ensure that you found the right pet to fit your lifestyle.
5. If the animal is a good match for you, the next step is to pay an adoption fee (in cash only). Before taking your new pet home, Save a Life Pet Rescue’s adoption assistants will give you your animal’s medical records, pet care information, a coupon for one free veterinary exam at our recommended clinics, and a gift bag full of food and treats for your new pet.
6. Welcome your new pet into your family!
Save a Life Pet Rescue’s Adoption Donations:
Save a Life Pet Rescue’s adoption donations vary according to the type of animal, age, prior donations, and vetting that the animal has received. Our adoption donations are set to allow us to cover our expenses as well as to help other animals in our program that require additional care. Our fees offset vaccination costs, medication expenses, spaying/neutering costs, shelter fees, fuel for transport, food, and additional medical care. We encourage all adopters, if financially able, to donate an amount over the listed adoption donation to help other animals in our program that require unforeseen medical attention.
Save a Life Pet Rescue’s adoption donations are as follows: Dogs: Puppies under 6 months in age: $100-$300 Dogs over 6 months in age: $25-$200
Cats: Kittens under 6 months in age: $50 Cats over 6 months in age: $50
*Please note that all adoption donations are tax deductible, non-negotiable, and non-refundable 24 hours or more after the adoption.*
Copyright . Save A Life Pet Rescue INC. All rights reserved.